In a slow cooker, mix together potatoes, carrots and onion with 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the poultry gravy mix.
Rub the remaining 1/4 cup (60 mL) of poultry gravy mix all over the chicken, including under the skin.
Place chicken on top of the chopped vegetables in the slow cooker. Cover slow-cooker with the lid and cook on low for 8 hours.
Once cooked, carefully pull the chicken out of the slow cooker and allow to rest while you strain the vegetables from the gravy in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Slice the chicken and serve with the gravy and vegetables. Garnish with diced chives.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 4 cups (1 L) mini potatoes, skin on
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped carrots or parsnip
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) poultry gravy mix (powder)
- 3 lb (1.4 kg) roasting chicken
- Garnish: diced chives (optional)