Combine the rice and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, peanut butter, vinegar, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
Heat oil in a skillet or wok over high heat. Add chicken, garlic and ginger, and cook, stirring constantly, until chicken is golden on the outside, about 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium, and add green onion, broccoli, peanuts, and the peanut butter mixture.
Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until broccoli is tender, and chicken is cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast(s), cut into thin strips
- 2 cups (500 mL) white rice
- 4 cups (1 L) water
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) peanut butter, creamy
- 2 tsp (10 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 mL) ginger, fresh, chopped
- 3/4 cups (175 mL) green onion(s), chopped
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) broccoli
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) unsalted peanuts, toasted
Serve over rice.
Add more caynne pepper if you'd like more heat.