Heat oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with ¼ tsp each of the salt and pepper. Add chicken to pot and cook, stirring occasionally until golden but not cooked through, 2-3 min.
Add ½ cup of the salsa verde and scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pot. Cook for 1 minute. Add in broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium Add beans and cook for another 5 minutes.
Stir in remaining salsa, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir before serving. Top with cilantro and feta if using and serve with lime wedges and tortilla chips.
- Serves: 2
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) black pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) salsa verde, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 540 ml can sodium-reduced white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Cilantro for garnish, optional
Crumbled feta for garnish, optional
Lime wedges for garnish, optional
Tortilla chips for garnish, optional