Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Line a large baking sheet with foil; grease well and set aside. Whisk the vinegar with the mustard, honey, 1 tsp (5 mL) salt and the pepper. Slowly drizzle in the oil, while whisking constantly, until mixture comes together. Measure out ¼ cup (60 mL) and set aside. Stir the garlic into the remaining mixture.
Toss the chicken with 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of the garlic mixture. Season all over with remaining salt; arrange on the prepared pan. Toss the cauliflower with the remaining garlic mixture. Spread in a single layer on the same pan next to the chicken.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 165°F (74°C) when inserted into the centre of the largest chicken breast. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and tent with foil. Sprinkle beans and Parmesan over cauliflower. Roast for an additional 10 minutes or until browned; cool slightly.
Meanwhile, thinly slice each chicken breast; set aside. Toss cauliflower mixture with spinach, red pepper, red onion and reserved dressing. Divide salad evenly between 4 dinner plates. Top with sliced chicken. Serve immediately.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 mL) salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups (1.5 L) small cauliflower florets
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 6 cups (1.5 L) baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) roasted red pepper, thinly-sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) onion, thinly-sliced
Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts or almonds for some added crunch.