Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add flour and stir to combine. Cook until golden, 1 - 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 3 – 4 minutes.
Stir in ground mustard, salt, pepper and buffalo sauce. Remove pot from heat and stir in cheeses until melted and smooth. Stir in chicken, macaroni and parsley.
To serve, drizzle with buffalo sauce and sprinkle with panko if using.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all purpose flour
- 3 cups (750 mL) milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) pepper
- 7 tbsp (105 mL) buffalo sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) grated emmentaler cheese
- 2 cups (500 mL) grated sharp cheddar
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked chicken, diced
- 6 cups (1.5 L) cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) buffalo sauce for garnish, optional
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted panko crumbs, optional