In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in onion, sugar and vinegar and cook until onion is golden brown (about 25 minutes). Remove from heat and let cool.
Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Drain and slice roasted red peppers. Sprinkle cheese over half of each tortilla. Top with onion, peppers and chicken. Fold other half of tortilla over cheese mixture. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake till tortillas are slightly crisp and cheese is melted. Cut each into 4 pieces, arrange on a platter and serve hot with salsa and sour cream.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken, cooked, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) vinegar
- 1 bottle roasted red peppers
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 6 10 inch (25 cm) green tortillas