Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
Mix all spices, green onion, onion, brown sugar, ginger and lemon juice together.
Coat chicken pieces with spice mix.
Cover and marinate for at least an hour in refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Place chicken in shallow baking pan.
Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 6 lbs (2.8 kg) chicken pieces
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) green onion, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 12 allspice (pimento) seeds, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 small Scotch Bonnet (or Jalapeño) pepper, seeded and finely-chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice