Mix orange juice and cornstarch. Set aside.
In a wok or large skillet, stir fry chicken in oil for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Add onion, carrots and celery to wok and stir fry 2 minutes. Add broccoli, ginger root and chicken stock. Cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp.
Return chicken to wok. Add orange juice mixture, orange rind, salt and pepper.
Cook until sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) boneless chicken, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) orange juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, medium, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) broccoli
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ginger, fresh, grated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) orange zest, grated
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) slivered almonds, toasted