Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken thighs, roughly 5 minutes. Stir in onions and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, tex-mex seasoning and basmati rice. Bring to a boil and cover, turn burner to low and cook for 15 minutes.
Take off the heat and stir peppers into the rice, cover again and let sit for 10 minutes. Serve in 4 separate bowls each topped with 2 tbsp (30 mL) each sour cream and salsa and 1 tbsp (15 mL) cilantro.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) salted butter
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) onion, sliced
- 3 cups (750 mL) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) tex-mex seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) basmati rice
- 2 cups (500 mL) red and green peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped cilantro