Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken for around 5 minutes. Stir in onion and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, stir in pasta, turn to medium heat and cover. Cook for 15 minutes.
Stir in broccoli florets, cover again and cook for another 5 minutes. In a small bowl, mix flour together with water until well combined. Once pasta is tender, Whisk flour mixture into the skillet and cook for 30 seconds, until the mixture is bubbling and thickened. Take off the heat; stir in cream and shredded cheese. Once cheese is melted, serve and enjoy.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) salted butter
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced onion
- 3 cups (750 mL) chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) penne pasta
- 3 cups (750 mL) diced broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) heavy cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
- Garnish: Additional cheese (optional)