Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
Add the chicken pieces and cook for 6-8 minutes until browned and almost cooked through.
Add a tbsp more oil if needed and stir in the mushrooms. Cook for approximately 4 minutes, stirring often until the mushrooms are nicely browned. Add the chopped shallots and garlic and cook until translucent (2-3 more minutes).
Stir in the chicken stock and cream and nestle in the uncooked pasta rounds.
Season with salt and pepper. Simmer over medium heat until the sauce is slightly reduced and starting to thicken. This will only take about 6 minutes and the pasta will cook during this time. Do not let it reduce too much. There should still be a fair bit of sauce in the pot to generously coat the noodles.
Plate the pasta immediately and finish with a generous pinch of fresh pepper. Top with cheese if desired.
- Serves: 5
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces (approx 2 breasts)
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) grams assorted mushrooms such as cremini and oyster, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) chicken stock
- 2 cups (500 mL) half and half
- 1 pkg tagliatelle noodles (250 g)
- Salt and pepper
- Parmigiano cheese, shaved for garnish