Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
Place shells on a lined baking tray.
Grate Emmental Swiss cheese.
Combine eggs, goat and Romano cheeses, milk, nutmeg, white pepper and basil in blender or food processor.
Divide the chicken and grated cheese evenly among tarts followed by a spinach leaf, green onion and a walnut half. Spoon egg mixture over the filling to cover. Stop before you reach the lip of the crust so they don’t boil over during baking.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
- Serves: 12
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken, cooked, chopped
- 12 tart shells, frozen, ready to bake
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) swiss Emmental cheese
- 2 egg(s), medium
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) goat cheese, soft, 21% MF
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Romano cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) 1% milk
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) nutmeg, ground
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) white pepper, ground
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) green onion(s), finely-sliced
- 12 walnuts, halved
- 12 leaves baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) basil, dried