Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Oil or spray a 9 X 5 inch (2 L) loaf pan.
Break eggs into a wide bowl. Whisk in Dijon. Place ground chicken on top and spread out in the bowl as wide as possible. Evenly sprinkle with Parmesan, bread crumbs, olives, peppers, seasonings and green onions.
Using your hands or a large fork, mix together to evenly distribute ingredients. Turn into the loaf pan and press to fill all corners. Smooth the top as best you can.
Bake in the centre of the oven for 1 1/4 hours. Then pour off juices collected in the pan. Let stand 5 minutes, turn out of the pan and slice. Refrigerated the loaf will keep well at least 3 days.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 lb (1 kg) ground chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pimento stuffed green olives, finely-chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red peppers, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) oregano, dried
- 1 tsp (5 mL) basil, dried
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
Use whatever olives you fancy or use 1/4 cup (50 mL) very finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil. Just be sure to finely chop and scatter evenly throughout the chicken mixture. In place of basil and oregano, consider using 2 teaspoons (10 mL) herbes de Provence or Italian seasonings.