Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200 ºC). Remove skin from the chicken. Rub salt and pepper all over the chicken and set it in a baking dish.
In a small bowl, whisk the maple syrup with the vinegar, thyme and cayenne. Pour the mixture evenly over the chicken.
Roast the chicken for 50-60 minutes or until brown and internal temperature reads 180°F (82°C). Baste the chicken 3-4 times with pan juices during cooking to glaze pieces. If the pan juices start to burn, add a little more water.
Reserve the pan juices to serve on the chicken.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 4 bone-in, skinless chicken legs
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) thyme, fresh
- 1 tsp (5 mL) thyme, dried
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) cayenne pepper
For a complete meal, serve with roasted potato wedges and green beans.