Clean chicken livers by separating into lobes, then trim off all fat and connective tissue. Rinse livers, then dry. Cut into two bite-size pieces of similar thickness.
Measure out seeds and mince garlic. Heat oil in a large frying pan set over medium-high heat. Add seeds and garlic and stir often until seeds start to turn golden, about 3 minutes.
Add livers to the pan. Sprinkle with garam masala, ground coriander and salt. Stir gently for 3 minutes. Then add the sour cream and turn heat to medium. Stir often, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Spoon onto toast or rice, then sprinkle with onions and fresh coriander.
- Serves: 2
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 12 oz (345 g) chicken livers
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) fennel seed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, large, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garam masala
- 1 tsp (5 mL) coriander, ground
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream, not fat free
- 1 green onion(s), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coriander, fresh, chopped