Cook macaroni in unsalted water according to package direction until "al dente." Drain macaroni and add back to pot. The macaroni will be cooked again with the sauce so it is best not to over-cook it at this stage.
Stir in butter and chopped cooked chicken.
Meanwhile, add milk, grated cheeses, cracked raw eggs, flour and Dijon mustard to blender or food processor. Process until well mixed. Stir into cooked chicken and cheese.
Heat over medium high heat while stirring until smooth and thick. This takes about 3-5 minutes.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 cups (500 mL) whole wheat elbow macaroni, dry
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked chicken, diced
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) 2% milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Asiago cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, medium
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
Sprinkle in favourite herbs and spices like sweet basil or chili powder during the final step of preparation.