Prepare vegetables. Seed sweet peppers and slice into julienne strips. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and slice into half moons. Trim green onion and slice. Set aside.
Prepare toppings - grate cheese, dice tomatoes and shred lettuce. Place in small bowls. Add sour cream and salsa to small bowls. Set bowls on table for diners to choose their own toppings.
Cut chicken across the grain into strips about ⅓ inch (8 mm) wide.
Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté two minutes, flip chicken pieces and sauté another few minutes or until cooked through and starting to brown.
Add peppers, zucchini and green onion to pan and stir. Sprinkle over chili powder. Stir and sauté another 2-3 minutes until vegetables are softened but still tender crisp. Sprinkle chicken and vegetables with chopped cilantro and fresh lime juice. Turn off heat, cover and keep warm.
Heat tortillas in non-stick skillet or microwave.
To serve, spoon chicken mixture onto center of warm tortilla. Add toppings, fold tortilla over filling and enjoy!
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1/2 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup (250 mL) zucchini, fresh, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mozzarella cheese, part skim, 16.5% MF
- 1 tomato, medium, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice, fresh
- 6 whole wheat tortillas, small