Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
Place flat bread on baking tray. Spread evenly with hummus.
Slice tomato vertically, lay flat and cut into half moon shapes. Layer sliced tomatoes over the hummus. Shred chicken and place over tomatoes. Sprinkle with garam masala and freshly-ground black pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes until heated through.
Remove from oven and top with the fresh diced avocado and a sprinkle of fresh lime juice. Garnish with minced cilantro (optional garnish).
- Serves: 3
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 125 g plain flat bread (or pizza base), gluten free if required
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) hummus
- 1 tomato, ripe, medium, sliced into half moons
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken, breast, cooked/roasted, shredded
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) garam masala
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) black pepper, freshly-ground
- 1 avocado, medium, fresh, diced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime juice, fresh squeezed
- cilantro sprigs (optional garnish)
This is a flexible recipe and you can easily vary the bread base and the toppings to suit your preferences. Try whole grain bread slices, pita, English muffins or tortillas as the base. Optional toppings include baby spinach, sliced olives, hot sauce etc. You can also make a no-bake version using the same ingredients by not heating the base with the hummus, tomato and chicken.