Preheat broiler. Finely mince onion and garlic. Mix with shredded cheese, curry powder, sour cream and cooked chopped chicken.
Spread over your favourite thin bread slices or crackers. Heat under broiler until melted and starting to brown and bubble. Don't walk away from this... it will only take 2-3 minutes.
Let cool for a few minutes. Cut bread slices into 4 equal pieces.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) red onion, finely-minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) curry powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sour cream, light
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken, cooked, diced
- 4 slices bread, whole-grain
For fancier occasions that call for fast snacks you can garnish with chopped fresh herbs, sliced olives or bits of tomatoes.