Heat oven to 400°F (200°C). Trim any fat from chicken. Cut into “two-bite” size pieces – thighs into 3 pieces and breasts into 6 pieces – keeping them as similar in size as possible. In a medium size bowl, whisk eggs with salt, honey, Dijon and poultry seasoning if using. Place flour and quinoa in separate bowls.
Coat a piece of chicken with flour, then shaking off excess, place in egg mixture and turn to coat. Letting excess drip off, place in quinoa and gently press down. Turn and press again to lightly coat. Set on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
Bake in center of a 400°F (200°C) oven until golden and no pink remains in chicken, about 20 minutes.
Nuggets should reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 3 skinless boneless breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) liquid honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon (optional)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) poultry seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked quinoa