Cook pasta according to package directions in unsalted water.
Meanwhile, melt the butter over medium heat in a skillet. Slice green onions along with the mushrooms. Add to pan and stir and sauté until cooked through and mushrooms release their juices. Sprinkle with salt and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in skillet. Dice chicken and sauté while stirring until chicken is cooked through. Mince the basil, sage and tarragon. Add to pan and sauté for a few minutes.
Drain cooked pasta and add to large serving bowl. Add cooked mushroom and chicken mixture. Toss with the shredded Asiago cheese. Serve hot.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) quinoa brown rice spaghetti
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) green onions, sliced
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) hot red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) basil, fresh, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sage, fresh, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tarragon, fresh, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Asiago cheese, shredded