Cook brown rice in unsalted water according to package directions.
Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet. Add minced garlic and ginger, diced onion and ground chicken and sauté until starting to brown.
Add chopped broccoli, sliced carrot and diced pepper and stir-fry until tender crisp and ground chicken is cooked through.
Stir in ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar.
To serve, spread cooked rice over bottom and sides of large platter with stir-fry piled in the middle. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) extra lean ground chicken
- 2 cups (500 mL) long grain brown rice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) onion(s), sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ginger, fresh, minced
- 2 cups (500 mL) broccoli, florets
- 2 cups (500 mL) carrot(s), sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) green pepper(s), sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) ketchup
- 2 tsp (10 mL) white vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sesame seeds
Try the same stir-fry over spaghetti or vermicelli rice noodles.