Greek Mixture: In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic powder, vegetable oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Using two resealable plastic bags, place drumsticks in one and potatoes in the other. Pour half of the Greek mixture over the chicken and the other half over the potatoes. Toss until the chicken and potatoes are covered and refrigerate for 1 hour, up to 12 hours.
Preheat the BBQ to medium-low heat, around 350°F (177°C). Pour potatoes out of the resealable plastic bag into a foil pouch. Fully seal the pouch. Place the drumsticks directly on the BBQ along with the foil package and cook for a total of 40 minutes, turning the chicken and potatoes at 20 minutes.
Serve drumsticks with potatoes and tzatziki sauce drizzled over top. Garnish with diced chives and lemon wedges.
- Serves: 2
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) chicken drumsticks
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Tzatziki sauce
- Garnish: diced chives and lemon wedges (optional)