Trim visible fat from chicken. Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until pale golden, 3 to 4 minutes a side.
Meanwhile cut peaches into fat wedges or slice mango into bite-size strips and chop red pepper. Set aside. Measure out 1 teaspoon (5 mL) tarragon and when chicken is golden, sprinkle over both sides of the chicken. Add marmalade to pan as well as 1/3 cup (100 mL) water. Stir until marmalade is melted.
Scatter peaches and peppers around chicken. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tsp (10 mL) tarragon, pepper flakes and salt. Cover and simmer until chicken feels springy when tapped, fruit is warm and peppers tender-crisp, 5 to 12 more minutes. Stir fruit often and turn chicken partway through.
Remove chicken to a platter. Spoon fruit and peppers over top. Turn heat to high. Boil sauce, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced to a glaze, about 5 minutes. Place chicken on top of rice and spoon sauce, peppers and peaches over top. Scatter with fresh basil or coriander.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs or 4 breasts
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 4 ripe but firm peeled peaches or nectarines or 1 peeled mango
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried tarragon
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) orange or ginger marmalade or hot red pepper jelly
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) each dried red pepper flakes and salt
- cooked white or brown rice or quinoa
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) torn basil or coriander leaves (optional)