Cube chicken and measure out about 4 cups (1 L). Put raisins in a microwaveable bowl. Cover with water and microwave until boiling. Set aside to plump.
Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, curry paste and salt in a large bowl. Blend together until no streaks of curry remain. Stir in chicken.
Measure out whole apricots, then thinly slice. Add to salad with celery and green onions. Drain raisins and stir in. Dice apple and stir in along with the coriander if using. Then taste and add more curry or salt if you like. If not creamy enough, stir in more mayonnaise or sour cream, a little at a time. Stir in nuts or save for sprinkling over the salad. If making ahead, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days. Serve on lettuce or a bed of greens.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked chicken cubes
- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) golden raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sour cream, not no-fat
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) hot curry paste, preferably yellow Thai
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whole dried apricots
- 2 celery stalks, thinly-sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly-sliced
- 1 apple, peeled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely-chopped coriander (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped almonds with the skin on (optional)
Marvelous as a sandwich filling.