Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
In small container, mix together melted margarine, lemon juice and dill weed.
Cut eight 12 inch (30 cm) squares of heavy duty aluminum foil; spray each with vegetable cooking spray.
Place 1 tsp (5 mL) of dill-margarine sauce on center of each foil square; place 1 chicken thigh on sauce.
On each chicken thigh, sprinkle 1 tsp (5 mL) green onion and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) carrot slices.
Top each with an additional 1 tsp (5 mL) of the sauce and 1 slice of cheese.
Fold foil into packets, sealing securely. Label, date and freeze chicken until needed.
When ready to serve, put frozen foil packets in baking pan and place in 400ºF (200ºC). oven for about 1 hour or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
If serving immediately without freezing, place foil packets in baking pan and bake in 400ºF (200ºC). oven for about 35 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF (74ºC).
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) margarine, melted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) dill, dried
- 8 tsp (40 mL) green onion, sliced, tops included
- 1 cup (250 mL) carrots, thinly sliced
- 6 oz (175 g) Swiss cheese, cut in 8 slices