In a medium bowl, combine the chopped chicken, plain yogurt, curry powder, apple, raisins and walnuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large serving dish layer the ingredients starting with the lettuce and roasted red peppers. Top with the chicken Waldorf salad and finally the cubed crusty bread.
Serve immediately or up to 3 hours after assembling. Can be served cold or at room temperature. Garnish with lemon wedges.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 roasted red pepper(s), sliced
- 1 chicken breast(s), cooked, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) plain yogurt, non-fat or low fat
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) curry powder
- 1/4 Granny Smith apple(s), medium, diced into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) raisins
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) walnuts, chopped
- 3 cups (750 mL) crusty bread, cubed
- lemon wedges