Cook pasta in unsalted boiling water according to package directions. If you work quickly the pasta will be cooked at about the same time as the chicken and vegetables below are ready.
Meanwhile, slice cherry tomatoes and set aside. Cut broccoli into florets. You can slice the stalks and also use any of the green leaves. Set aside.
Cut boneless chicken into bite size pieces.
Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for a minute or two until fragrant.
Add the halved cherry tomatoes, broccoli, diced raw chicken, minced basil, thyme leaves, freshly ground black pepper and chili pepper flakes. Stir while sautéeing to ensure even cooking of vegetables and that chicken is cooked through.
Stir in cream cheese and water. Continue cooking and stirring while using the back of a spoon to help dissolve the cream cheese with water to make a creamy sauce.
Drain pasta and place over dinner plate. Pour creamy chicken and vegetables over. Sprinkle with shredded Asiago cheese. Garnish with a few sprigs of fresh basil (optional garnish).
- Serves: 1
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 oz (60 g) your favourite whole-wheat pasta
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) broccoli florets
- 1/4 lb (0.2 kg) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) thyme, fresh
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) basil, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) hot red chili pepper flakes, (optional)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cream cheese, low-fat
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Asiago cheese, shredded
- basil leaves, (optional garnish)
This is a generous portion and can serve two as an appetizer or light lunch.