Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Cook the egg noodles in a large pot of boiling water according to the package directions. Strain and set aside.
In a small bowl, melt 1 tbsp of the butter. Stir in the bread crumbs and set aside.
Dice the chicken breast into bite-size pieces. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat and add the chicken pieces. Cook the chicken until it is evenly browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate lined with a piece of paper towel; set aside.
Add 1 tbsp of the butter to the skillet and add the onions and celery. Cook until the onions are translucent and beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
Stir in the soup, half and half and shredded cheese. Mix on low heat until well combined and the cheese is beginning to melt. Stir in the chicken, noodles and peas.
Pour the noodle mixture into a deep dish pie plate and crumble the bread crumb mixture on top.
Bake for 30 minutes, serve immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Serves: 5
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 large chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cups (750 mL) broad egg noodles
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, divided
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) half and half cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded marble cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh peas
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) bread crumbs