Combine spice ingredients in a zip lock bag.
Add chicken pieces to the bag and shake chicken with spice mixture. Massage spices into the chicken through bag using fingers. Allow the rub to sit on chicken pieces for at least an hour before they hit the grill. This allows the flavours maximum time to set.
Bake, broil or grill until a thermometer inserted into the chicken pieces reads 165ºF (74ºC).
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 8 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) paprika
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) sea salt
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) coriander, ground
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dark roast coffee, finely ground
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dark hot chocolate mix
You can substitute chicken thighs with your favourite cut of skinless chicken.
Use this easy barbecue rub to fully seal chicken pieces to yield the juiciest chicken. Use a strong, dark, powdered coffee, like espresso and a high-quality cocoa/hot chocolate.