Combine canola oil, cumin, turmeric, basil, mint, cilantro, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice and honey in a food processor, and puree.
Marinate chicken breast in refrigerator for 2 hours.
Brush grill with oil. BBQ chicken until internal temperature reaches 165°F(74°C), about 6 minutes each side. Place chicken in Kaiser roll, garnish with cilantro and serve with arugula.
- Serves: 1
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) turmeric
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) basil, fresh, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mint, fresh, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ginger, fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garlic, chopped
- 4 tsp (20 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) local honey
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- cilantro, for garnish
- 1 Kaiser roll
- arugula (rocket)
When I make this I usually make 1½ times the marinade. I reserve some of the marinade before adding the chicken and then use it in the last few minutes of grilling, or just brush it on after for extra flavour.