Using a spiral noodle maker, spiralize zucchini and carrot. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in medium skillet on medium-high heat; using tongs, gently toss the zucchini and carrot noodles in the oil until slightly cooked but still firm. Set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients, stirring until fully mixed and set aside.
Heat ½ tbsp olive oil at medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for 8 minutes on each side. Once chicken is cooked, pour sauce over the chicken and allow to simmer an additional 5 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan and let cool, reserving the sauce. Once cooled, slice each breast into strips.
Place the zucchini and carrot noodles equally into two bowls, layering chicken, onion and peanuts equally. Spoon the reserved sauce equally over each bowl before serving.
- Serves: 2
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
Chicken Zucchini Noodle Bowl:
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dry roasted peanuts (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) peanut butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soya sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) onion powder