Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
In a large frying pan, sauté cubed chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes before adding all of the vegetables. Continue cooking for another 3 to 4 minutes.
Add 35% cream to pan and cook down until almost all the liquid is gone. Adjust seasoning to taste.
While the chicken mixture cools, roll out pie crust in 4 18 cm (7in.) circles on a floured surface.
Divide the chicken and vegetable mixture in 4 and place in the middle of each pastry circle.
Cover with Gruyère, fold the crust over filling in a half-circle and seal the edges with a fork.
Brush beaten eggs onto each turnover and cut small slits in top diagonally to vent. Bake for 45 minutes.
Serve with an artichoke and asparagus salad.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 onion, small, chopped
- 1 carrot, large, diced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) peas, frozen
- 8 white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chives, chopped
- 2/3 cups (170 mL) 35% (whipping) cream
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) puff pastry
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) prepared pie pastry
- flour, (to roll dough)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten