In a bowl, combine salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and basil. Whisk to combine. Add zucchini ribbons and red bell pepper and gently toss to coat with dressing.
Spread one quarter of Boursin cheese onto one half of each sandwich. Divide shredded chicken among the four sandwiches, placing on top of cheese. Top chicken with red bell pepper and zucchini ribbons, drizzling any remaining dressing over the vegetables. Cut each sandwich on the diagonal and serve.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- 3 cups (750 mL) store bought rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 tsp (5 mL) kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) basil, fresh, chopped
- 2 zucchini, medium, sliced very thinly lenghtwise
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red pepper(s), thinly sliced
- 5 oz (145 g) Boursin cheese
- 8 slices crusty bread, toasted