In large bowl, whisk together pear, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, chili paste and sesame oil. Add chicken and toss to coat; let stand for 15 minutes.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; cook chicken, stirring often, for about 10 minutes or until cooked through and caramelized. Let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, divide rice among four bowls; arrange avocado, cucumbers, nori and edamame over rice. Top with chicken, pickled ginger and wasabi paste. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with extra soy sauce for dipping if desired.
- Serves: 4
- 1/2 pear, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) soy sauce (approx.)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garlic chili paste
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (1 1/4 lb/600 g), cubed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked brown rice
- 1 large ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced cucumbers
- 2 sheets nori, shredded
- 1 cup (250 mL) shelled edamame
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pickled ginger
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) wasabi paste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted sesame seeds