Heat oil in deep skillet.
Coat chicken thighs with flour and brown in skillet. Remove chicken from skillet and put on a plate.
Add onion, mushrooms, pepper, and both zucchini to skillet and cook until slightly browned.
Add spinach, chicken, garlic, Italian seasoning, bay leaf, salt and pepper, tomato paste and chicken broth. Stir to mix well. Make sure the tomato paste is well mixed with liquid. Cover and cook on medium low heat for approximately 45 minutes or until chicken thighs are thoroughly cooked and have reached an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
While chicken is cooking, melt butter in pot, add rice and stir to coat and brown very slightly.
Add 2 cups (500 mL) of water and cover.
Cook until rice is done. Serve chicken with rice.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 9 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) flour, in a bowl
- 1 onion(s), medium, diced
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper(s), seeded, chopped
- 1 zucchini, green, small, diced
- 1 zucchini, yellow, small, diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) baby spinach, sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pepper, freshly ground
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cups (500 mL) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown rice