Divide the meat into four equal portions and shape into patties. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken burgers in batches and sear them on both sides until fully cooked, about 15 minutes total or when meat thermometer registers 165°F (74°C). If this needs to be done in batches, keep the burgers warm in the oven preheated to 200°F (95°C).
Meanwhile, add the chicken stock to a small pot or skillet and bring to a boil. Add the rapini, garlic, chili flakes and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes until tender. Drain and keep warm.
Split the buns in half and divide the mustard between them. Top with a burger, braised rapini and remaining bun. Serve immediately.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) ground chicken
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) rapini
- 1 cup (250 mL) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- hot red chili pepper flakes, pinch
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) whole grain Dijon mustard
- 4 whole grain crusty rolls