Make the slaw by combining the pre-shredded slaw, mayonnaise, miso paste, vinegar, minced ginger and salt and pepper. Stir until combined and set aside.
For the burgers divide the meat into four equal portions. Season with salt and pepper and then shape into ½ inch thick and 4 or 5 inch wide patties.
Heat a non-stick skillet or a grill to high heat. Once preheated brush the surface with oil. Add the burgers to the grill and cook until browned on the outside and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side or until meat thermometer registers 165°F (74°C).
Split open the buns, and divide the patties between them. Top each patty with the slaw and the remaining half of the bun. Serve immediately.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) ground chicken
- 2 cups (500 mL) pre-shredded slaw
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white miso paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ginger, minced
- 4 crusty buns