Mix curry powder, yogurt and mayonnaise in a medium-sized bowl. Stir in chicken, carrot, celery, and green pepper, raisins and almonds.
Line large whole wheat rolls with lettuce, top with chicken salad, and more lettuce.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- 2 cups (500 mL) chicken, cooked, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 mL) curry powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain yogurt, 1% MF
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) green peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) seedless raisins
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) almonds, dry-roasted, chopped
- 6 whole-grain sandwich rolls
- 2 cups (500 mL) leaf lettuce
Quick and easy lunch idea for your leftover cooked chicken.
Try this salad as a filling in whole grain wraps, roti or chapatti, or served as a main course salad over mixed greens.
Makes 4 cups / 1 litre of filling or approximately 150 mL per sandwich roll.