Cut the boneless, skinless chicken thighs into 6 pieces. Heat sesame and canola oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry in wok until lightly browned and cooked through. Add the minced garlic and onions and cook until onions are translucent.
Meanwhile, prepare rice noodles by placing them in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to stand for 6-8 minutes, until softened but still firm. Drain well.
Add carrots, peppers and shrimp to the skillet. Cook until shrimp have turned pink and are cooked through.
Stir in the soy sauce, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, turmeric and curry powder into the skillet and mix thoroughly. Add rice noodles and heat through. Add well-beaten eggs and allow them to set slightly and then stir into mixture. Add bean sprouts and toss again.
To serve, spoon onto serving platter. Garnish with green onions, minced coriander (cilantro) and/or peanuts.
- Serves: 8
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) rice stick noodles, ¼ ” wide
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into match stick pieces
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) frozen tiger shrimp, thawed and rinsed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) hot red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tsp (5 mL) turmeric
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) curry powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (500 mL) bean sprouts
- 2 cups (500 mL) cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cilantro, fresh, minced
Don't have bean sprouts? Substitute finely shredded cabbage. Ground chicken can also be substituted for the thighs.