Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat. Add chicken to the skillet and sear until browned on all sides, about 15 minutes. Add chipotle, pineapple, and red onion; sauté for 2 minutes more. Add the garlic and fry 1 minute. Add ¼ cup (60 mL) water and cook for 2-3 minutes more, scraping up any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the skillet.
Heat another small skillet over medium heat. In batches add the corn tortillas and cook for 30 seconds a side until heated and soft. Transfer to a plate and continue with remaining tortillas.
Arrange two tortillas per plate. Divide the filling down the center of each. Top with salsa and a sprinkle of micro greens or fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced chipotle in adobo
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomatillo salsa
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) micro greens or fresh cilantro
- 8 – 4-inch corn tortillas
Soft corn tacos labeled 100% gluten free may not be Gluten Free. Always check the ingredients and for labels that identify the product as certified gluten free.