Preheat oven to 425°F. Mix the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and half the salt and half the pepper in a small bowl.
Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add half the olive oil, chicken breasts, and sprinkle spice blend evenly over chicken pieces.
Cook chicken for approximately 5-7 minutes, until chicken breast is browned, turn breast over and cook remaining side for an additional 5-7 minutes until cooked internal temperature of thickest part of breast reads 165°F on a meat thermometer.
Arrange chickpeas and chopped vegetables (except avocado) on a baking sheet, drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with remining salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Placed roasted vegetables on the bottom of a bowl, top with sliced chicken breast. Drizzle with teriyaki or soya sauce, if desired.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) pepper, divided
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) cauliflower florets
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 avocado, cubed