Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Heat the oil in a large, oven-proof nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Season the chicken all over with ½ tsp (2 mL) salt. Place the chicken in the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned.
Meanwhile, toss the tomatoes with vinegar, garlic and remaining salt. Pour into the skillet. Transfer the skillet to the oven. Cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is almost cooked through.
Place a slice of cheese over each piece of chicken. Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and an instant-read thermometer registers 165ºF (74ºC) when inserted into the centre of the largest chicken breast. Sprinkle basil over top before serving.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ball Buffalo mozzarella, sliced into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh basil leaves, very thinly sliced
For a heartier main, serve with cooked linguine and a leafy green salad.