Heat the BBQ.
In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat and fry the onion and garlic. Add ketchup, honey, brown sugar, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook this mixture for a few minutes to thicken the sauce. Remove from heat and let stand.
Dip the chicken in the sauce to coat well.
Cook chicken on the BBQ for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once.
Return the chicken to the skillet with the sauce. Simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes each side.
Serve the chicken on previously toasted Kaiser roll, topped with lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Serves: 1
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1/4 onion(s), small, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tbsp (40 mL) ketchup
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp (10 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper, freshly ground
- lettuce, for garnish
- tomato(es), sliced, for garnish
- onion(s), sliced, for garnish
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast(s), about 140 g
- 1 Kaiser roll(s)