Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Cut each chicken thigh into three equal size strips and place in a plastic bag. Add the hot sauce to bag. Seal bag and use your hands and make sure all sides of the chicken are coated with hot sauce. Refrigerate and marinate one hour or preferably overnight.
Spray a baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
Combine Panko bread crumbs with onion and garlic powders, cayenne and white pepper and spread out over a shallow plate.
Use a fork to press each chicken piece into the seasoned crumbs and turn to coat well. Press down with the fork to lightly flatten the pieces. Place boneless hot wings on prepared baking pan.
Bake 10 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 7-8 minutes until golden and internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
Mash blue cheese with a fork on a small plate. Add to a small bowl with plain yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic and lemon juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To serve, place blue cheese dip in centre of a platter and surround with the hot "wings" and vegetable sticks. Garnish with a few sprigs of fresh celery leaves.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) hot sauce
- 2/3 cups (170 mL) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) onion powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) cayenne pepper, ground
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) white pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) blue cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain yogurt, 2–4% MF
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice, fresh
- 40 baby carrots
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 4
- 4 sprigs celery leaves, (optional garnish)