Mince fresh parsley and garlic and grate the apple with the skin on. Combine with ground chicken, bread crumbs, dried thyme, salt and pepper in a bowl using clean hands. Divide into four equal parts and shape into round neat patties.
Spray BBQ grill with vegetable oil cooking spray and preheat on medium heat. Grill burgers with the lid closed - about 10 minutes per side. Burgers are done until a thermometer inserted into the centre of the burger reads 165ºF (74ºC).
Top with shredded cheddar being careful that it doesn't fall off burger. Cook a few minutes more until cheese melts.
Split and toast buns on grill.
Mix cranberry sauce and mustard in small bowl.
To serve, top toasted bun bottoms with 2 lettuce leaves, a grilled chicken burger, cranberry mustard and the other bun piece. Open wide!
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) parsley, fresh, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 apple, medium, grated
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) chicken, ground, lean
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) thyme, dried
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) black pepper
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cranberry sauce, whole berry, canned
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 8 hamburger rolls, whole wheat