Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Scrub the potatoes to remove all dirt and then rinse and dry thoroughly. Poke several holes into each potato with a fork and then place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Rub the potatoes with oil and generously sprinkle each potato with salt. Bake in the oven for one hour or until tender.
In a small bowl whisk together ranch dressing and sour cream, set aside for later use.
Ten minutes before the potatoes are finished baking, in a medium-sized saucepan mix together cooked shredded chicken and BBQ sauce. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
When the potatoes are finished, remove from the oven and slice each one down the center and fluff with a fork. Top each potato evenly with the barbecue chicken, cheddar, jalapenos and chives. Drizzle with the ranch-sour cream.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sour cream
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) BBQ sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Monterrey Jack Cheddar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped chives
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced jalapenos