Pull any skin from chicken. Slice legs from thighs if using. Turn slow cooker to low or high depending on how long you want to cook it. In the slow cooker bowl; stir barbecue sauce with beer, chipotle, thyme and rosemary. Add chicken and carrots and stir to evenly coat. Push pieces into sauce as much as possible.
Cover and cook for 2 to 2½ hours on high or 4 hours on low. Cooking time depends on the size of chicken pieces. They should reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Serve beside sugar snap or green peas and spoon the sauce over mashed potatoes or rice. A sprinkle of fresh parsley or basil is a nice touch.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 8 to 12 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 4 legs with thighs attached
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) beer or orange juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped chipotle peppers in abode sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Tabasco or dried chili flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) each of dried leaf thyme and rosemary
- 3 cups (750 mL) baby carrots or thick slices of carrots