Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Cut peppers in half vertically through the stems and discard inner seeds and membranes. Keep the stems on as they look nice and help to hold in the filling. Coat two individual ramekins with vegetable cooking spray and add a pepper half to each.
Crack an egg into each pepper half. You can whisk eggs with a fork instead of leaving whole if you prefer. Cut cooked chicken into a small dice. Sprinkle chicken over eggs along with the shredded cheese, herb blend and sea salt.
Bake 30 minutes or until eggs are set and the cheese and red pepper are lightly browned. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley (optional garnish).
- Serves: 2
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 sweet red pepper, large, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 eggs, fresh, medium
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) cheese, Swiss Emmental, shredded
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) chicken, breast, cooked, diced
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) sun-dried tomato & herb seasoning, low sodium
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) sea salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) parsley, fresh, chopped (optional garnish)
The recipe reheats well in an oven or microwave. Serve with fresh fruit and wholegrain toast for a complete meal.