Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Beat the cream cheese with the salsa until well combined. Stir in the chicken, cheddar, corn, red pepper, green onion and jalapeño (if using).
Place about ⅓ cup (75 mL) of the filling along the bottom third of a tortilla; roll into a tight log. Arrange, seam side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas. Coat the tops lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake for 20 minutes or until browned and crisp. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Transfer to a platter and serve with additional salsa and sour cream for dipping.
- Serves: 16
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 8 oz (230 g) plain, brick-style cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) salsa (approx.)
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup (250 mL) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) corn kernels
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red pepper, finely-chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) green onion, finely-chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pickled jalapeños, finely-chopped (optional)
- 16 small flour tortillas
- sour cream, for serving
Make the filling up to 3 days in advance and assemble just before baking.